Exhibition Stand Designers –What they need to know?
Exhibition stand designers prepare and exhibition design concepts and 3d visuals around your exhibition project requirements. Unfortunately, although exhibition stand designers are highly experienced – they are not mind readers. Exhibition booth designers can gain a feel for your company’s products and services, branding, etc. However they will need to discuss the exhibition project in greater detail with you, to determine what your exact requirements are for the trade show event. Questions about the exhibition project, like the following – will be asked:
Details about the EXHIBITION EVENT
- What is the trade show event that you are attending?
- What are the booth dimensions that you have booked?
- Is the event to be held indoors at a traditional permanent showground or outdoors in an external showground in temporary marquees?
- What type of stand space have you booked – Space Only or Shell Scheme?
- How long is the installation/dismantle period? This will dictate the complexity of the final stand build that your exhibition stand designers will specifiy.
Details about KEY MESSAGES & THE STORY you want to communicate at the Show
- What are the key messages you want to communicate on the stand?
- What brands will be presented on the booth?
- What is the brand hierarchy for the booth?
- Will your graphic designers or existing design agency be preparing the exhibition graphic Design art work – or will you want us to create and develop the art work?
- Do you have video graphics that you will need to present on AV monitors? Who will need to prepare this – us or your existing agency?
- Do you require your logo to be projected around the stand using an animated projector Gobo high power motorized spot light? How many do you require?
Details about the PRODUCTS & SERVICES you want to PROMOTE on the exhibition display booth
- What products do you want to display on the exhibition display booth?
- Do you know the approx. dimensions of these items and also their approx. weights?
- Will you be delivering these items to the exhibition venue, or will you require us to organise the exhibition logistics and transportation of all product and display equipment to and from the showground?
- What product brands will be presented on the booth? What is the brand hierarchy for the booth?
- Will you be carrying out any live product demonstrations on the exhibition booth?
- Will these product demonstrations need any public address systems or AV equipment supplying by us?
- Will you require any product display showcases? If so – how many and what type of display showcases?
- Do any products or machines on display require any special 3 Phase electrical supplies, compressed air or internet/data connection
Details about PRODUCTS & CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT on the exhibition stand
- How many different types of product brochures do you want to display on the exhibition booth?
- How many brochure distribution points do you want on the exhibition stand?
- Do you require AV screens on the exhibition stand to promote products and services?
- How many AV screens and what size AV screens do you require on the exhibition stand?
- Do you require any ipad terminal points or touch screen kiosks on the exhibition stand to access product and service information?
- How many kiosks and what size do you require on your exhibition stand?
- Do you require larger AV screens in the form of video walls on the exhibition stand?
- Do you want any customer engagement displays on the exhibituion stand to attract your customers onto the booth – interactive games, simulators, virtual reality headsets, augmented reality displays and interactive experiences?
Details about the TYPE OF EXHIBITION STAND that you require for the show
- Do you want to purchase an exhibition stand outright or do you wish to hire an exhibition booth for a ‘one off’ event?
- Do you require a modular type stand – or alternatively bespoke, custom exhibition stands?
- If you want to purchase an exhibition stand for use at multiple events – do you need us to store the exhibition furniture at our factory, so it is ready for use at the next event?
- What is the type of exhibition space that you have booked at the event – ‘Space-Only or ‘Shell scheme’ space?
- What are the stand dimensions of the exhibition space that you have booked?
- How many sides have neighbouring walls and how many sides are open to the isle way?
- Does your exhibition stand space come with any pre-booked electrical supplies/power sockets or lighting elements?
Details about any HOSPITALITY REQUIREMENT for the trade show event
- How many customer reception points do you need on the exhibition stand?
- Will you be serving any refreshments from these customer reception points – like tea or coffee – on the exhibition booth?
- Will you be requiring a fridge on the exhibition stall, to serve cold drinks – or maybe a refrigerated Kegorator to serve draught beer or lager on the exhibition booth?
- How many customer meeting points do you require on the exhibition stand?
- Do you require bar stools and poseur tables or more relaxed seating areas for the trade show booth?
- Do you require a VIP private meeting room or maybe multiple private meeting rooms on the trade fair booth?
- How many and what size do these meeting rooms need to be on the exhibition stand?
- Do you require a store room on the exhibition stand to store customer reception stock and product literature on the trade fair booth?
Details about the PROJECT BUDGET for the exhibition stand
- What is the budget for the exhibition design & build project?
- Is this budget allocated for the total project or just for the exhibition stand design & build elements?
Your answers to the above questions will help greatly in understanding the exhibition design & build project scope. This will allow your exhibition booth designers a thorough insight into what you require for your exhibition stand. It will also allow your exhibition stand builders to get an accurate quotation for your approval. A realistic assessment will then need to be made in-line with the available project budget. In an ideal world, everything on the list would be great – and this may be possible if you have a very large marketing budget, to spend on the exhibition stand. However we live in the real world and understand that this is not a reality. Clients exhibition marketing budgets are usually restricted. By understanding your exhibition marketing budgets and what it covers, this will help your exhibition stand designers to judge the project feasibility and allow them to offer alternative booth designs and ways to accommodate your project requirements. Hopefully this list of questions will help bring into focus the proposed exhibition project and will allow your exhibition designers to see a clear picture of what is required.